Some quick info to help you get started! (This page is a work in progress.)
EAT meat, seafood, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds – what hunter-gatherers eat, what humans evolved to eat before the agricultural revolution, what bears eat…
You should look for grass fed, free range, sustainably produced, wild-caught, and organic food. But if it’s not within your budget to always do so, try your best.
DON’T EAT grains, legumes, dairy, refined sugar – what the USDA recommends, the standard American diet, what commercials tell you is healthy…
This means no wheat, barley, quinoa, oats, rice, beans, soy, milk, cheese, etc. or anything made from those things. No processed food!
Try starting with a 30 day paleo challenge and see how you feel. The non-paleo foods you love will still be there. They also won’t taste as good and will probably make you sick when you eat them again. Being 100% is very difficult to maintain due to social situations. Aim to be at least 80% if not more.
- The Paleo Solution – Robb Wolf
- This is a MUST-READ! I urge you to read this for a great explanation on why we should eat paleo for optimal health.
- More recommendations to come…
- robbwolf.com - the FAQ page with all you need to get started!
- whole30 – guidelines for a strict 30 day paleo challenge
- paleohacks.com – have a paleo question? ask it here!
- cavemanforum – a paleo diet forum where you can find support
My personal experiences: